Monday, October 15, 2007

Breaking News: WNBA Commeth?


Finally.
Word on the street is that Atlanta has been awarded A WNBA FRANCHISE! Sources close to the situation claim that an official announcement will come in the next few days. Hooray WNBA expansion! If you thought the Hawks played in front of hundreds, wait until you see the crowds at these games!
If this rumor is true, I couldn't be more excited, especially for Tyronn Lue, who can finally join the proper league without moving cities. In fact, Lue is probably behind the hype machine that IS the Atlanta WNBA fanbase. Oh those rabid WNBA fans! All 854 of them! I wonder how long it took T-Lue to come up with all those fake names? I'm sure it was totally fun either way!
We'll know in the next few days. Until then, I'll be waiting with anticipation over the Atlanta team name. If they want to win over the real WNBA fans (lesbians), they'll adopt the Atlanta Peacocks...or the Atlanta Strap-ons. I'm not sure which one I like best.